MassDOT advisory for Sharon construction
SHARON, Mass. (WLNE)- MassDOT has announced that it will be performing a bridge replacement operations on the Maskwonicut Street Bridge over Amtrak in Sharon.
The work will be beginning on December 6, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The work is expected to be complete by the Summer of 2024.
The Maskwonicut Bridge has been closed and the detour has been in place for several years so no change in traffic patterns will occur.
The following detours are in place:
Traffic travelling from the east side of the bridge:
- Take a left onto Route 27 (North Main Street).
- Take a left onto Canton Street.
- Take a left onto Richards Avenue.
Traffic travelling from the west side of the bridge:
- Take a right onto Richards Avenue.
- Take a right onto Canton Street.
- Take a right onto Route 27 (North Main Street).
Drivers who are traveling through the area should expect delays in travel and are advised to use caution.