New Bedford man arrested for possession of large amounts of narcotics held without bail, found dangerous by judge

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WLNE) – A 24-year-old New Bedford man that was arrested earlier in June for being in possession of a large number of narcotics is being held without bail.

Timothy Oliver, 24, is charged with trafficking more than 200 grams of cocaine and conspiracy to violate the drug law.

Police say Oliver was already out on bail for a domestic assault case. He was held without bail on Tuesday by a District Court Judge after being found dangerous.

New Bedford Police say throughout the spring detectives gathered information regarding a cocaine distribution service.

Detectives developed information that on June 1, Oliver and co-defendant, Kelvin Trinidad, 25, of New Bedford, were going to receive a package from the US Postal Service at Olver’s Stowell Street apartment.

On June 1, officers set up surveillance on Stowell Street and saw Trinidad and Oliver begin to detail a car with a power washer and blue bucket in the street.

Police say while they detailed the car, a postal truck arrived and delivered a package to the house. Oliver immediately left the car detailing work and went inside before coming back outside shortly after.

Both men finished detailing the car, put the tools away, and placed an item into the back of a black Toyota.

Oliver and Trinidad then drove traveling eastbound in the Toyota. Police quickly stopped the car and a search warrant was executed on both the Toyota and Oliver’s apartment, according to the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office.

Police seized 92 grams of cocaine, 82 grams of crack cocaine, along with $14,833 in cash inside Oliver’s apartment.

Additionally, police found 510 grams of cocaine in the car.

Oliver was held without bail on Tuesday and ordered to be held for up to 120 days.

Trinidad was charged with trafficking over 200 grams of cocaine, conspiracy to violate the drug laws, and unlicensed operation of a car. He was also found to be a danger and held without bail for up to 120 days on June 2.

Categories: Massachusetts, New Bedford, News