Newport man indicted on 18 sexual assault, child molestation charges
NEWPORT, R.I. (WLNE) — The Statewide Grand Jury returned an indictment charging a Newport man with multiple counts of sex crimes.
Court documents said 52-year-old Terry Cloyd was charged with a total of 18 counts which are as follows:
- First degree sexual assault (Seven counts)
- First degree child molestation (Seven counts)
- Second degree child molestation (One count)
- Indecent solicitation of a minor (One count)
- Simple assault and battery (One count)
- Extortion and blackmail (One count)
Officials said the alleged actions happened in Newport on various days between June 30, 2016, and Aug. 31, 2022.
Newport police conducted the investigation.
Cloyd is scheduled to be arraigned on April 13, in Newport County Superior Court