Standard Media Group is looking for an innovative leader to run the newsroom of our ABC affiliate, WLNE-TV, in gorgeous Rhode Island. This is a wonderful opportunity to transform and grow a news team in Providence (DMA #52). Rhode Island has an exploding arts scene, miles of beaches and endless food options.
- Transforming WLNE’s news operation to one that has a focus on timely, hard hitting, local news that matters to viewers and digital users in the market
- Creating and executing creative and innovative strategy to grow the station’s audience and best serve the local community
- Executing multi-platform news products that deliver the brand promise
- Planning short-term and long-term news content for on-air, digital, and social platforms
- Leading, coaching, and growing the news team to achieve their highest potential
- Hiring news team members
- Working closely with the General Manager and Department Heads to create strong interdepartmental relationships within the station
- Working with the promotions team to create and execute marketing and community involvement strategies for the news team
- Managing the news budget
- 3-5 years of newsroom leadership
- Strong editorial skills, technical acumen, and a clear vision of how to take advantage of the many content streams available
- Excellent news judgement
- Track record of strong leadership and communication with a news team
- Proven record of creating and distributing news content across on-air, digital and social platforms, as well as improving news products and processes
- Ethical decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc.
- Vacation, paid holidays, and paid time-off
- Exceptional growth opportunities
To apply, please send resume to HR@abc6.com.
WLNE-TV/ABC 6 10 Orms St., Providence, RI 02904
Standard Media Group/WLNE is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.