Overheating HVAC unit causes Coventry Town Hall evacuation

Emergency crews were called to Coventry Town Hall after a malfunctioning HVAC unit forced an evacuation. (WLNE)

COVENTRY, R.I. (WLNE) — An overheating HVAC unit at the Coventry Town Hall caused an evacuation of the building Wednesday morning.

Several emergency crews responded to the building where the overheating unit caused smoke to gather in one hallway in the building.

The Coventry Fire Department said that all staff members in the were evacuated and accounted for and they did not expect any delay in town business.

Categories: News, Rhode Island