P-Bruins Lose in Shootout at St. John’s

P-Bruins news release…

St. John's, NFLD –
The Providence Bruins earned a
point, falling to the St. John's IceCaps
4-3 in a shootout Wednesday night.  Nick Johnson, Alexander Khokhlachev, and Tyler
scored for the P-Bruins, while   Malcolm
recorded 29 saves in the shootout loss.

Having played just 24 hours ago, the IceCaps and P-Bruins came out skating hard
and putting shots on net. Providence go on the scoreboard first at the 8:18 mark
of the opening period.  Johnson scored
his 17th goal of the season off a one-timer along the boards. 

made the initial rush up the ice and dished the puck to Chris Casto as he crossed the blue
line.  Casto then made a cross-ice pass
to Johnson. 

Most of the play was in the
IceCaps's zone during the period and it looked like the P-Bruins would take the
lead into the intermission, but Adam
scored at the 18:09 mark, his second goal in as many nights,
deflecting a shot by Brenden Kichton form
the point past Subban's glove. 

also assisted on Lowry's 11th goal of the season as the
game went into the first intermission tied at one. 

The IceCaps took their first lead of the game at the 3:44 mark of the second
period as Andrew Gordon deflected Paul Postma's wrist shot while on the
power play.  Postma and John Albert took advantage of the
P-Bruins being down a man, by passing around the single P-Bruins defender,
allowing Postma to skate into the slot for the shot. 

Providence battled back as Khokhlachev scored
his 11th of the season at the 14:16 mark.  Khokhlachev skated down the boards and looked
towards center ice for the pass, but instead wristed a no-look shot through IceCaps
net minder Eddie Pasquale's
legs.  Randell and Zach Trotman picked up the assists. 

Minutes later St. John's retook the lead as Postma wristed a shot past
Subban for his 1st goal of the season with only with 1:08 left in
the period.  The goal was unassisted as
the IceCaps led 3-1 going into the second intermission. 

Providence once again fought back to tie the game.  With St. John's on the 5-on-3 advantage, Randell
exited the penalty box and he chased down a loose puck scoring on the breakaway
for his first goal of the season, shorthanded, at the 6:32 mark of the third
period.  The goal was unassisted and sent
the game into overtime tied at three.

Overtime was dominated by the IceCaps, but the P-Bruins were able to hold them
off, even killing off a penalty to send the game into the shootout.  After a scoreless first round Kael Mouillierat scored in round two
for the IceCaps.  Jason Jaffray tallied in round five for St. John's giving the IceCaps
the 4-3 shootout victory after none of the four P-Bruins players scored in the shootout.

The P-Bruins wrap up a
five game road trip Saturday against the Monarchs at 7:00pm.  Providence returns to the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Sunday at 3:05pm against the Springfield