P-Bruins Rally To Beat Islanders Saturday
Providence Bruins Press Release
Providence, RI – The Providence Bruins tallied four straight goals, leading to a 5-3 victory over the Bridgeport Islanders on Saturday night at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Vinni Lettieri potted a goal and an assist. Defenseman Frederic Brunet notched two assists in his first professional game, while Jack Ahcan also recorded two assists.
How It Happened
- 38 seconds into the game, Chris Terry zipped a pass from the right wing across to Andy Andreoff in the left circle, who quickly fired a shot inside the near post, giving the Islanders an early 1-0 lead.
- Shane Bowers’ wrist shot from the right circle snuck inside the near post, tying the game at 1-1 just 3:01 into the second period. Anton Stralman and Brunet were credited with the assists.
- Arnaud Durandeau took the puck into the zone along the right wing, toe-dragged through a defender, and backhanded the puck into the top shelf, giving the Islanders a 2-1 lead with 12:27 left in the second period.
- Durandeau intercepted a clearing attempt on the power play in front of the crease and flipped it over the goaltender, extending the Bridgeport lead to 3-1 with 6:35 to play in the second period.
- While on the power play, Brunet slid the puck across the point to the middle for Luke Toporowski, who stepped into a wrist shot that beat the goaltender high, cutting the Islanders lead to 3-2 with 3:27 left in the second period. Brett Harrison received a secondary assist.
- 32 seconds into the third period, Lettieri hammered a one-timer from the bottom of the right circle that whistled inside the near post, tying the game at 3-3. Connor Carrick and Ahcan received assists on the goal.
- Joona Koppanen brought the puck up the left wing and sent a floating shot on cage that rebounded to Eduards Tralmaks above the crease, where he put in the second effort to give Providence a 4-3 lead with 13:15 remaining in the third period.
- Fabian Lysell scored an empty-net goal with 18 seconds left. Lettieri and Ahcan were credited with the assists.
- Brunet and Harrison tallied their first career professional point.
- Lettieri notched his 10th multi-point game of the season, while Ahcan tallied his fifth.
- Brandon Bussi stopped 15 of 18 shots faced. The P-Bruins totaled 27 shots.
- The Providence power play went 1-for-5, and the penalty kill was 2-for-4.
The P-Bruins host the Springfield Thunderbirds on Sunday, April 16 at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Puck drop is set for 3:05 p.m. ET.