Man shot in Pawtucket, charged after police find illegal substances in his home
PAWTUCKET, R.I. (WLNE)- A man was shot in Pawtucket on Friday afternoon, according to the city’s police department.
At around 2:45 p.m. police responded to the intersection of Newell Avenue and Sherman Street for a reported shooting.
Investigators at the scene were able to locate the man, later identified as 23-year-old Albertinini Andrade Moreira, who had been shot.
Moreira was transported to the hospital, but did not sustain life-threatening injuries.
Investigators executed a search warrant for Moreira’s home and found multiple illegal substances.
- He was arrested and charged with the following:
- Manufacture-possession-delivery with intent Fentanyl
- Manufacture-possession-delivery with intent Amphetamine
- Manufacture-possession-delivery with intent Cocaine
- Obstruction of an officer during the execution of their duty
Morreia is in custody at the hospital. Police said that he is scheduled to arraigned by a bail commissioner sometime on Saturday.
Police believe this incident was a targeted attack, and it continues to be under investigation.