Propane tank fire damages Foster garage

This is a still captured from the scene of a propane fire in Foster. (WLNE)

FOSTER, R.I. (WLNE) — A propane fire badly damaged a garage in Foster.

ABC6 was on-scene and caught first responders assessing the scorched wooden building.

The fire was quickly extinguished upon arrival of the fire department.

Chief William Paul said there were no injuries and only the garage sustained damage.

The top to an exploded propane tank was found in the vicinity of the fire and is being assessed by bomb squad investigators.

The fire is currently under investigation by the state fire marshal’s office.

This is a developing story and will be updated as the latest information is released.

Categories: News