Firework sparks house fire in Providence
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — Providence fire officials said a firework was a catalyst for a house fire in the city Monday night
Crews responded for a call of a fire at a multi-story home on Harvard Avenue just after 10 p.m.
Fire officials said they got reports of fireworks in the area that a stray firework caught the second floor of the home on fire.
Firefighters had difficulty accessing water due to dead hydrants in the area, but were able to contain the blaze to the second floor.
The fire was put out in less than 30 minutes.
No injuries were reported, but four adults and nine children were displaced because of smoke and water damage to the home.
Red Cross was notified to assist those who are displaced.