Providence man accused of trying to kill some family members with machete indicted
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — A Providence man was indicted after being accused of trying to kill some of his family members with a machete last year.
Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Neronha said Kevin Nuñez-Henriquez was charged with three counts of domestic assault with intent to murder, three counts of domestic assault and battery resulting in serious bodily injury, one count of domestic assault with a dangerous weapon, and one count of domestic vandalism.
On Oct. 21, 2021, Neronha says police were dispatched to a residence on Indiana Avenue after receiving several 911 calls.
Police, Neronha says, found several seriously injured victims who identified Nuñez-Henriquez as their attacker.
The suspect, 28, was found standing inside the home with what appeared to be blood on his hands and clothes.
After police ordered him to the ground, Neronha says he tried to run away through the back of the home before being apprehended.
Neronha says police also found a bloody machete in the doorway of the home.
Three victims were taken to Rhode Island Hospital for treatment.
Nuñez-Henriquez is scheduled to face a Providence Superior Court judge in June.