Raimondo announces 13 new coronavirus related fatalities and 230 new cases

Governor Raimondo Gives Update on Covid-19

Posted by ABC6 News on Sunday, April 19, 2020

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) – In Sunday’s press briefing with Governor Raimondo, she announced additional positive cases and fatalities related to COVID-19 for the state, along with information pertaining to testing and clarifications on masks.

As of Sunday, 230 new cases were reported, bringing the total number of positive cases for the state to 4,706.

Sadly, 13 new fatalities were reported, bringing the state’s death toll to 150.

Rhode Island reports that 34,699 residents have been tested for COVID-19 so far, and of those, 29,993 of have reported negative.

254 people are currently in the hospital, with 70 of them in the ICU and 43 of them on a ventilator.

Raimondo announced that the state is a few weeks away from antibody testing and that the state of New York is ahead of us in regards to that.

She said, “There is an issue on supply when it comes to that.” On the contrary, Rhode Island is doing more testing per capita than any other state in the country.

A new walk up clinic was announced for the city of Providence at Bailey Elementary School.

On Saturday, Raimondo’s executive order on masks went into effect. She said that spot checkers checked in on over 200 retail locations and saw employees and customers complying.

Lastly, the governor did clarify saying customers are also ordered to wear masks. “To be crystal clear every Rhode Islander is Ordered to wear a cloth face covering, covering your nose and mouth every-time your in any retail operation.” she said.

Raimondo said businesses still can not refuse entry if not wearing one.

Categories: Coronavirus, News, Regional News, Rhode Island