RI gets a D+ and ranks 5th in integrity in 2015
By News Staff
Rhode Island ranks number five and gets a D+ in integrity in 2015.
According to the Center for Public Integrity, Rhode Island got a D+ on how they prevent corruption. It’s based on laws set in place.
The following are rankings:
- Public Access to Information Grade: D Rank: 5th
- Political Financing Grade C- Rank: 9th
- Electoral Oversight Grade: F Rank: 37th
- Executive Accountability Grade: C- Rank: 7th.
- Legislative Accountability Grade: D Rank: 20th
- Judicial Accountability Grade: D Rank: 7th
- State Budget Processes Grade: D Rank: 40th
- State Civil Service Management Grade: D+ Rank: 6th
- Procurement Grade: C- Rank: 23rd
- Internal Auditing Grade: D Rank: 45th
- Lobbying Disclosure Grade: C- Rank: 12th
- Ethnic Enforcement Agencies Grade: C+ Rank: 1st
- State Pension Fraud Management Grade: C Rank: 11th
© WLNE-TV 2015