RIDOH: COVID-19 Update scheduled for Today
PROVIDENCE, R.I (WLNE) – The Rhode Island Department of Health (DOH) and Governor Giana Raimondo are scheduled to hold a press conference this afternoon providing updates to the state’s response to COVID-19.
Additional protections and available resources will be discussed in this meeting, as well as the work being done to protect the residents of Rhode Island nursing homes.
Guidance related to employers and employees for COVID-19:
- The Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training set up a COVID-19 Assistance Line and email address (401-462-2020; email@example.com).
- These are intended to provide support to people regarding COVID-19 and employment issues, staffed Monday-Friday during business hours.
- It’s extremely important right now to limit or prevent the spread of COVID-19. Residents are asked that if they are sick, to stay home.
- Employees may be eligible for Temporary Disability Insurance.
- If a resident’s place of business is closed, or they are told to stay home, they may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance.
- Most Rhode Island private-sector workers are eligible for earned sick and safe leave. Benefits provided by this leave enable employees to take time off from work or care for themselves or family members who have been impacted by COVID-19.
For the latest local coverage and helpful links to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, click here: