RIDOH loosens visitor restrictions for hospitals and care facilities

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE)- At Thursday’s weekly press conference, Dr. Nicole Alexander Scott announced that the state would be loosening its restrictions on visitation to care facilities and hospitals.

The announcement came after the positivity rate of COVID-19 dropped 0.6% over the prior week in Rhode Island.

This is big news for a lot of facilities. These restrictions had been in place since March of 2020, so it’s been quite some time since some residents have been able to see their families.

“It’s been a long 11 months,” said Michael McMahnon, the executive director of Brentwood by The Bay, a care facility in Warwick.

Director McMahnon was excited about the state’s decison, he told ABC6, “it’s very exciting we are very happy that we will be allowed to have our residency their family members on a more regular basis now.”

©WLNE-TV/ABC6 2021

Categories: Coronavirus, Regional News, Rhode Island