RIDOH recommends reopening several beaches Saturday
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — The Rhode Island Department of Health is recommending several beaches be reopened for swimming after being closed earlier this week due to unsafe bacteria levels.
The following beaches are part of the recommendation:
- Scarborough North in Narragansett
- Goddard Park in Warwick
- Kent County YMCA in Warwick
- Sandy Point in Portsmouth
- Warren Town Beach in Warren
- Kingston’s Camp in South Kingstown
RIDOH said the bacteria levels at all six beaches are back to safe levels.
The department said that it would monitor the water quality of each beach and notify the public to any changes.
Updates on beach closures can be found here.