UPDATE: Victims identified in fatal Attleboro rollover
By News Staff
ATTLEBORO, Mass. (WLNE) – Massachusetts State Police said two Polish men died in a rollover crash Saturday in Attleboro.
The Massachusetts State Police reported around 11:45 a.m. that an accident near Exit 3 on Route 95 resulted in the 11 occupants of a 2004 Ford Econoline van being ejected into the roadway
Two men were killed in the crash. They were identified as Leslaw Mastej, 42, and Jaroslaw Nowak, 49, both of Poland.
The other occupants of the van were identified as:
- A 62-year-old Lawrenceville, N.J., man (who was the van’s driver)
- A 67-year-old New York City man
- A 48-year-old Wallington, N.J., man
- A 52-year-old Wallington, N.J., woman
- A 44-year-old Garfield, N.J., man
- A 42-year-old woman from Poland
- A 62-year-old Philadelphia man
- A 47-year-old woman from Poland
- A 28-year-old Philadelphia woman
State Police said most survivors sustained serious injuries.
According to police, the van was operating as part of a tour group catering to the Polish-American community.
Police say it is believed the van may have picked up passengers in, Philadelphia, P.A., Trenton, Linden, and Wallington, N.J., and New York City to visit various scenic sites in Massachusetts.
The driver of the other vehicle involved in the crash, a 32-year-old Providence woman, was transported to Rhode Island Hospital with minor injuries.
©WLNE-TV / ABC6 2019