Six state-run COVID testing sites for school communities to close at the end of July
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) – Governor Dan McKee and the Rhode Island Department of Health announced Thursday that six state-run COVID-19 testing sites for school and child care communities will close at the end of the month.
The last day for testing is Saturday, July 31 at the following locations:
- Bristol Stop & Shop Parking Lot: 605 Metacom Ave.; Bristol, RI 02809
- Cranston Stop & Shop Parking Lot: 275 Warwick Ave.; Cranston, RI 02905
- Lincoln YMCA Parking Lot: 32 Breakneck Hill Rd.; Lincoln, RI 02865
- Providence Stop & Shop Parking Lot: 850 Manton Ave.; Providence, RI 02909
- Smithfield Fidelity Investment Headquarters Parking Lot: 100 Salem St.; Smithfield, RI 02917
- Westerly Walmart Parking Lot: 258 Post Rd.; Westerly, RI 02891.
RIDOH cites the availability of on-site testing in schools for the fall, as well as the test being more accessible in health care settings, as the reasons for shuttering the sites.
In June, the State of Rhode Island released a plan for a return to in-person learning this fall, which includes school-based testing.
The other five testing sites for school and child care communities that opened in September 2020 will remain open.
For more information on coronavirus testing in Rhode Island, visit covid.ri.gov/testing.