Snow causes carbon monoxide scare in Rehoboth

Rehoboth Vents
Rehoboth Fire Department/Facebook

REHOBOTH, Mass. (WLNE)- Saturday’s snowstorm caused a carbon monoxide scare in Rehoboth, according to the town’s fire department.

Fire officials said that the snow covered an exhaust vent for the home’s furnace, causing the carbon monoxide detectors to go off.

Crews found a high level of carbon monoxide inside of the home upon arrival.

The department is reminding residents to check their exhaust vents for blockage.

Categories: Massachusetts, News, Regional News