Son Alerts Family to House Fire

A near tragedy for a Lincoln family, after a fire broke out at their home early Monday morning.

The fire took place on Old River Road, in Lincoln. The Nadeau family is crediting their young son with saving the family, as he is the one that was able to get everyone out of the house safely.

11-year-old Jayce Nadeau woke up from his sleep because the poison ivy he had on his body was making him uncomfortable. When Jayce woke up, he noticed smoke in the home and quickly woke everyone else in the house up.

The escape from the fire wasn't an easy one, one family member had to jump out a window in order to escape the flames, but everyone was able to make it out of the house safely.

ABC6 Reporter John Guice has more on this story…