Maintenance and IT Manager
ABC6 WLNE TV in Providence Rhode Island a Citadel Broadcasting station is seeking a proactive Manager of Information Technology with strong technical and communications skills.
ABC6 WLNE TV in Providence Rhode Island a Citadel Broadcasting station is seeking a proactive Maintenance and IT Manager with strong technical and communications skills.
The Maintenance and IT Manager is responsible for all aspects of information technology operations; including server based video playback and archive systems, Adobe CS5 suites, telco, internal and external networking and email systems. The Maintenance and IT Manager will follow implement and develop guidelines, standards and procedures. The Manager is responsible for both strategic planning and technical implementation. The successful candidate will work closely with broadcast news, traffic, sales, and business operations. Experience in and knowledge of broadcast operations and a fast paced news organization is preferred but not necessary. The position reports directly the Chief Engineer.
• Oversee desktop and server support for newsroom, sales, traffic and business operations, supporting approximately 75 users.
• Manage and maintain server environments and infrastructure, including voice and data communications, including direct hands on work. Rapidly respond to emergency situations both during and outside of normal business hours, as requested.
• Together with the Director of Broadcast Operations and Engineering
develop and implement a strategic plan for station wide IT that supports the broadcast operation of the television station's three broadcast outlets.
• Lead the design, implementation, maintenance and upgrading of all IT infrastructures. Including local area networks, application, video and print servers, Adobe CS5 systems, telephone systems, personal computers and operating systems.
• Provide overall direction and advises on best practices for IT station wide. This is to include multimedia projects, archive management (including video library systems), digital asset management, and customer relations management, financial and traffic systems.
• Work closely with inter-departmentally to meet the station goals and improve processes and practices.
• 2+ years of network and server administration experience in a fast-paced support environment
• Broad base of technical knowledge in IT systems and emerging technology trends and issues, especially in the Adobe CS5, video production and broadcast or cable television technology space
• Collaborative skills to work effectively with news, engineering, traffic, business office and senior administrators in a fast paced broadcast environment and areas other than technology to develop and implement appropriate uses of technology.
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP WANs and LANs, desktop support systems, MS Exchange, video based server systems, firewalls, remote access, and popular business applications.
• Experience advising and communicating with non-technical staff and guiding technical decisions
• Strong combination of strategic planning, communication, interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
• Desire to work in broadcast television environment
Send resumes to cantonio@ABC6.com