Tiverton House Catches Fire 2 Days After its Sold
TIVERTON. R.I. (WLNE) -- An early morning fire on Friday forced a Tiverton couple out of their home, just days after moving in.
The home on Pocassett Ave. caught fire just before 6 am.
According to the new homeowners, they had just closed on the house 2 days ago and were in the process of moving in.
Firefighters battled heavy smoke and flames upon arrival, but were able to extinguish the blaze quickly.
Fire officials are still investigating what started the fire, but according to homeowners, they were staining the hardwood floors and doing other renovation the day before.
The home has not been deemed a total loss, but will need some major renovations before it is livable.
(c) WLNE-TV / ABC 6 2019