Gas leak in Attleboro leads to road closure and evacuations
By News Staff
ATTLEBORO, MASS. - Emergency personnel was on the scene as a portion of Read Street was shut down and homes were evacuated Wednesday morning for a natural gas leak.
A residential gas line linked to a home in the area was struck by a vehicle causing the leak according to police.
Amtrak was on the scene after the accident to assess tracks that run behind the homes. Trains traveling on the tracks were halted at Providence and Attleboro stations as a precaution. Rails are back up after a 15-minute delay.
Columbia Gas is still on the scene but residents have been allowed back into their homes and Read Street is open.