Swansea man arrested on child rape, drug, firearms charges
SWANSEA, Mass. (WLNE) — A Swansea man was arrested on child rape, drug, and gun charges Friday, police said.
Detectives executed a court-authorized search warrant at 362 Wilbur Ave. just after 2 p.m. Thursday.
The search was in connection to an ongoing sexual assault investigation.
Joshua Andrade, 20, was arrested at the scene of the search.
Swansea Police Chief Marc Haslam said detectives found a 9mm Glock handgun, ammunition, and a large-capacity 9mm magazine during the search.
Police also found a large amount of suspected marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, Adderall, oxycodone, Xanax, and Suboxone.
Additionally, Haslam said a large amount of cash was discovered, as well as items believed to be related to a sexual assault.
Andrade was arraigned Friday in Fall River District Court. He has been charged with the following:
- Rape of a child with force (2 counts)
- Statutory rape of a child
- Reckless endangerment of a child
- Improper storage of a large capacity firearm
- Unlicensed possession of an assault weapon
- Possession of ammunition without an FID card
- Possession of a large capacity firearm (2 counts)
- Possession of a firearm without an FID card (2 counts)
- Possession with intent to distribute a Class B drug (2 counts)
- Possession with intent to distribute a Class C drug
- Possession with intent to distribute a Class D drug
- Possession with intent to distribute a Class E drug