Technical Director / Master Control Operator
WLNE-TV/ABC6, Standard Media ABC affiliate in Providence, RI is looking for a full time experienced Technical Director/ Master Control Operator to join Southern New England’s trusted news source.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct clean studio newscast programming, work in newsroom workflow systems to prepare newscasts and work with producers and production staff to create innovative and visually appealing content while meeting goals established by management.
- Will also work shifts as master control operator
- Minimum one year experience as a production assistant on newscast along with some directing and master control knowledge.
- Must be capable of identifying high quality production elements, both creatively and technically.
- Must be a team player with a knowledge of broadcast technologies including broadcast switchers, router systems, master control servers, audio console and studio camera.
- Ability to work well and make quick decisions under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in support of a 24x7x365 operation
Work closely with news staff to coordinate news production and will also be required to staff other technical positions as needed, including studio and audio operation. Will train to coordinate with producers and direct all technical aspects of live newscasts and other productions. Manually switch video sources, graphical keys, monitor graphics and other aspects of news production.
Send resume and cover letter to WLNE-TV, Attn.: Business Manager, 10 Orms St., Providence, RI 02904, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
No phone calls please. WLNE-TV / ABC6 is and equal opportunity employer.