Tiverton calf infected by parasites, not a health risk

Olivia Cianci

news@abc6.com

An autopsy of the brown calf that had been euthanized on July
26th next to Gray's Ice Cream in Tiverton has been released. The cow
was housed in the same pen as the cow that had been observed for rabies. The
autopsy shows that the calf's condition was due to parasites, and did not pose
a public threat.

The parasites do not affect humans, and therefore if you had
come in contact with the calf, you're at no risk for illness.