A Topical Producer at WLNE-TV ABC6 will be primarily responsible for the writing of news topicals throughout the week. Production involves coordinating with the news department to develop teasable content that will drive viewers to early and late evening newscasts. This includes writing daily scripts that appeal to the viewer in order to draw in and maintain viewer interest, and collecting news content from producers and reporters in the field to produce content ready for air.
Other responsibilities may involve assisting with commercial productions, station promotion, image campaigns, and any other tasks as assigned by a supervisor.
- Work with the Creative Services and News teams to write, produce and edit daily news topicals.
- Attend daily news editorial meetings.
- Produce graphic and video elements for air, web, and social media.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours (i.e. nights and weekends) when needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines on a daily basis.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Can work independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Practical experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with professional camera, lighting, and sound equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Film, or related field.
- 2-4 years experience in Video Production, Broadcast, Digital Marketing, or related field.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com