Trial date set for former Massachusetts priest charged with rape
BARNSTABLE, Mass. (WLNE) – A trial date has been set for an area priest charged with rape.
Mark Hession, 63, of Fairhaven is scheduled to go on trial on October 5th.
He served at several churches in Fall River and New Bedford as well as Cape Cod starting in the mid 80’s until 2018.
He also delivered the homily at the late Senator Ted Kennedy’s funeral.
According to the Cape Cod Times, had served at 12 different institutions in the Cape and Fall River areas:
- St. Patrick Parish in Wareham
- St. Joan of Arc in Orleans
- Holy Name in Fall River
- St. Mary’s Parish in New Bedford
- Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River
- St. Joseph Church in Taunton
- Holy Rosary in Fall River
- St. Patrick Church in Falmouth
- Our Lady of Victory in Centerville
- Our Lady of the Assumption in Osterville
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in Seekonk
- Holy Family in East Taunton
He’s accused of raping a child under 14 on multiple occasions between 2005 and 2008.
Hession has plead not guilty and is currently out on bail.