UPDATE: Father, son found dead in Acushnet home

By: News Staff

news@abc6.com

ACUSHNET, MASS.— A father and son were found dead in a home on 3 Buttonwood Lane in Acushnet Wednesday morning, according to police.

Officials say 41-year-old Joseph Lopes and 9-year-old Collin Lopes died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. However, foul play is not a suspected at this time.

Police say they responded to the home at around 8:15 a.m. Wednesday morning after receiving a call from the 9-year-old boy’s mother.

The mother told police she was worried because she had not been able to contact Joseph Collin Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.

Upon entering the home, fire officials were able to determine that there were high levels of carbon monoxide present in the home.

Authorities say two dogs were also found inside the home. One of the dogs was deceased and the other was believed to be very ill.

©WLNE-TV / ABC6 2016