UPDATE: Juror taken off Aaron Hernandez trial for personal reasons
By News Staff
The Associated Press
Another juror has been dismissed in the murder trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez.
Superior Court Judge Susan Garsh said Wednesday she had dismissed a juror for personal reasons that have nothing to do with the case.
That’s the same explanation she gave to jurors last week when she dismissed another juror. The judge said that juror had discussed evidence in the case.
Garsh did not give more details Wednesday. She ended the session for the day after about two hours, citing unspecified scheduling issues.
The panel is now made up of 16 jurors. Twelve will ultimately decide Hernandez’s fate. Alternates will be selected randomly immediately before deliberations.
Hernandez is accused of the June 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd, who was dating his fiance’s sister.
(C) WLNE-TV 2015