Woman and dog hospitalized after Coventry fire

Dee DeQuattro


A person and the family dog were hospitalized after an overnight house fire in Coventry.

The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning on Wood Cove Drive.

One woman living in the home was taken to Kent County Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters rescued a dog from the fire and the pet was carried out on a stretcher and brought to a local animal shelter.

The other four individuals, including a baby, made it out of the fire safety.