Woonsocket man pleads guilty to child molestation
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — A Woonsocket man pleaded guilty earlier this week to child molestation, according to authorities.
Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Neronha said Thursday that 59-year-old Kent Prokopy entered a plea of nolo contendere to one count of first-degree child molestation. He has to also register as a sex offender.
Neronha said that in August 2020, the victim reported the assaults, which led the investigation by Woonsocket police.
He was sentenced Tuesday to 40 years with 18 years to serve at the Adult Correctional Institutions.